Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Trekking Pole Study

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      I did it when I was 36 and didn't notice a thing, sigh.

      Barbara

      On Jun 30, 2010, at 5:39 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      Hiking up and down Snowden in a day would give me some muscle pain if I hadn't gotten myself in shape and did it without trekking poles. It's over 1000 meters.

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
      415-648-9279

      On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM, heartfire144 <heartfire@heartfiregowns.com> wrote:

      This article certainly left me with more questions than answers. Was the non pole group building more muscle - this would result in the same elevated CK rates I think. Why were they all having so much pain after the hike? if they are hikers, than the climb should not have been a problem, and if they are not hikers, then maybe the non pole group will get into better shape than the pole group by building more muscle.