Re: [John Muir Trail] Two Hikers Assaulted, Tied to Trees Near Boulder

  • Connie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
      Oh I know!  I used to live in Monterey and always dreamed of hiking the Sierra wilderness.  But my kids were young then and I didn't have neither the time nor the money to take off for a few weeks.  I did long day hikes in Big Sur and often met some interesting people.  The most fascinating people, however, are along the Appalachian Trail.  I section-hiked the AT when I lived in NJ (after my years in CA).  I got 1/3 of that trail done.  The AT is popular with a lot of international hikers.  I found the hikers in the NorthEast were especially friendly and talkative.

      I'm looking forward to the  JMT experience.