Re: [John Muir Trail] Seeking permit from HI for Fri 30 or Sat 31 July

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2010
      Judy, even thou I have my permit for July 6, my daughter and I are dropping our car off at Whitney Portal (7-3) and hitch hiking to Yosemite (7-4). What am planning to do is once I get to the valley on July 4th (not sure when I get to the valley) is look to get a permit for the 5th this way I can camp out in the backpacker campground.

      From: Karpani <karpanilove@...>
      Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] Seeking permit from HI for Fri 30 or Sat 31 July

      I agree with Bob's advice . . .my daughter and I did the same thing last year 1st week August . . . had only 1 permit, got in line (4th in line) at 6 a.m. and hiked the next morning, no problem!
      Karpani

      From: ed_rodriguez52@ yahoo.com
      Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:25:31 +0000

      Hi judy the best thing to do is get a walk in permit. I read that people camp out (like 2am) at the wilderness office. Good luck

      From: "judy" <amargosaconservancy @...>
      Sender: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:38:47 -0000
      To: <johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com>
      ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com

      A friend of mine suddenly finds herself able to hike with me if she can get a permit--so if anyone has a spare permit from HI for Fri 30 or Sat 31 July, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Judy