Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Power options on JMT

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 28, 2010
      Hi Kim, what I like about this model is you can use the sun and you can plug it into the wall. For me I have to look at my power needs, batteries life will last and cost of the batteries. This year I have extra batteries sent off to 3 of my 5 resupply boxes. Am planning to take my car charger (hope I can find a nice camper)and wall for my phone. I know at MTR I can plug into and charge my phone. The main reason with my cell phone is each day am planning to turn it on and take a picture so that when I get to an area where I have signal I can update my journal with a photo. This trip is a test run for the PCT I know I need to get a solar charger for my water filter it use 123 and the cost of replacing the batteries could become quite costly. After this trip I be taken a close look in what I will be taken.

      From: Kim Leo <wyldflower1121@...>
      Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:21:09 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Power options on JMT

      How does this gizmo look to any of you?

      http://accessories. us.dell.com/ sna/products/ Phones_with_ Carrier_Plan/ productdetail. aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3104592# Overview

      I'm debating about purchasing this.  156 grams or 5.5 ozs.