Appeal filed against development in shadow of Whitney

  • christinehncck
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2005
      Hi Friends - I posted late last year to let you know about a proposed
      development project right along Whitney Portal Road on the way up to
      Whitney Portal. Since I wrote last, the DEIR has been reviewed and
      approved by the Inyo County Planning Commission, and a coalition of
      loca groups has now filed an appeal to the Board of Supervisors. For
      more info about the project or to support our efforts (you don't want
      to see 27 trophy houses on your ride down from finishing the trail!!!)
      check out www.savethemountain.org.

      We've also just put out a press release, so if you know anyone who
      might cover this story, please email me at chancoc1@...

      Thanks!!
      Christine
    • Singewald
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2005
        The facts and figures on your website look interesting. Any idea what the
        proposed lot prices will be? The only downside I see is that the developers
        have not included a golf course in the proposed plan.

        Given that this is a public forum, I feel compelled to share my personal
        view. Frankly, I don't see this development of 27 homes spread across more
        than 60 acres as a significant eye-sore. But, hey, differing opinions make
        the world go round.