Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Trail Journals : Backpacking and Hiking Journals

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2010
      Yea from what I read some bypass fuller ridge only to come back to complete that section. Like their journal says, it come down to how comfortable they are over the passes. For me I was hoping that they will cut the trail over each pass. From what I read they will slide down the face some climb up the passes. For me am going to take my time over each pass

      From: hmdsierra <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:35:05 -0000
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Trail Journals : Backpacking and Hiking Journals

      When we did JMT in '82 we started Aug 1 and had no problems. There was snow on almost every pass but with the exception of Donahue it was not that much. However, the PCT hikers were bypassing the High Sierra with the intention of coming back doing it after they finished the rest.