Re: transportation from LAX or SFO to Yarts station?

  • dive_hike
    Message 1 of 26 , May 2, 2005
      Vera, I suggest calling Amtrak 1-800-872-7245

      They offer a train / bus to Merced from Union Station ($31 one
      way). Ask them how you get from LAX to Union Station.

      Have fun!
      P.S. Let me know if this works out.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...>
      wrote:

      > Could some of you weigh in on the most expedient and least
      expensive way to get from one or the other airports to the Yarts
      station in Merced... right now flight into LAX is most attractive as
      it is cheaper and non stop....

      > I've spent an hour on line trying to make heads out of it and
      can't figure it out....

      > thanks for helping me figure this out...I am going to the PCT
      website to see what they say too...you guys rock...