Larger Area Maps for Contingency Purposes

  • Jim Underwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      Thought I'd pass this info on since it took some time to sort it out in REI.

      As for maps, I went to REI and took a long time piecing together the following Harrison maps to follow the trail N-S: (1) Tuolumne Meadows and High Sierra Loop, (2) Mammoth High Country; (3) Mono Divide High Country; (4) Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks; (5) Mt. Whitney Zone.  The last one is duplicated on #4 a bit, but I like the detail.

      These provide much larger scale than the Harrison map series, which I will also bring.  I will most likely use the Went book to add notations on the larger maps if necessary.

      I realize this adds weight, but I'd rather have them if needed than not.  I may just mail these to my resupply points as needed.  Jim