Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: more on summer snow

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2010
      Say Sam, for my part apart from changing my shoes for the creeks crossing I see myself using the spikes going down the passes (because I will be going down them in the morning). Am just planning to go about a half hour to an hour per mile as I cross the snow fields. Its going to take me a while but just mean. Its going to be a long day. I heard someone said in an earlier post that the mico spikes could slip off am looking at thesehttp://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/product/760283. Not sure which way am going yet

      From: Sam Rohlfs <samrohlfs@...>
      Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:05:25 -0700
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: more on summer snow

      Between hiking boots, camp shoes, microspikes, snow shoes, and creek crossing shoes, how many times a day will I be changing shoes?  I think I need to reduce my daily milage estimate to accomodate all the footwear changes.

      Sam