Re: [John Muir Trail] Hiking, Trekking & Backpacking Flexibility and Injury Prevention

  • Todd Sharp
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2010

        Thanks Herb,
                           I'm just about a month postop. Kinda weird learning how to walk again though. I'm going to spend this summer just getting back in shape and doing some extended weekend trips here in KY. My goal for the year is finishing a 100 mile trip.
      Todd--

      I had joint replacement surgery on my hip in April 2008. In August 2008 I was able to hike Whitney coming in from Horseshoe (with a bit of discomfort). In July 2009 I hiked the JMT without any hip issues. Hang in there--you will find that new hip to be a Godsend.

      Herb