Re: World's Lightest 4-Season Tent

  • heartfire144
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2010
      As for the LightHeart tent,

      Slight correction here, it is www.lightheartgear.com (not lightheart tent.com)
      I am the designer and manufacturer of these tents, and I will be hiking the JMT in August along with 2 friends. At least 2 of us will be using a LightHeart Solo on the hike.

      The biggest advantage this tent has over tarp tents is that it is a fully double wall tent, the rain fly which is attached to the tent and can't be removed, can be rolled up on top out of the away so you have a giant bug mesh tent. This is great for hot/muggy/buggy weather. You get more breeze than any other tent. If bad weather comes in, it takes about 3 seconds to put the rain fly down. Backpacking light.com just gave it a great review. The other big advantage is that you can get this tent in almost any color you want. Since I actually do the sewing on most of them, I offer as an option a range of about 20 colors.

      Judy (I hope it's ok that I tooted my own horn here)

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin <marti124@...> t up