Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: bearikade

  • JDRows
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2005
      Vera
      I resupplied at Red's and MTR (application forms & info recently
      uploaded at this newsgroup's site) only. Although I experienced a bit
      of caloric deficit, for the 9 1/2 days from MTR to Whitney Portal, I was
      able to put everything in the Bearikade Weekender and not go off trail
      or pay a resupply service.

      I traveled for a few days with a guided group and the owner of the
      guided group brought in a resupply package. You might consider
      contacting a few of them (a lot in Mammoth) and seeing if you could
      combine a drop off with one they already have scheduled. Otherwise it
      would be several hundred dollars, although the bring solar showers so
      you could have that luxury intra-trek.
      JD