Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: bearikade

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      thanks for the info Dave. We will look at the Bear Vault too. Our old bear cannister weighs 2 lbs 14 oz...so lighter would be better...
      vera

      Dave <idahomtman@...> wrote:

      The bearikade can be rented from the manufacturer. I almost bought the
      weekender, but just couldn't spend an additional $110 to save 5 ounces.
      I bought the Bear Vault which is bigger than the weekender, but smaller
      than the Expedition. If you need the capacity of the Expedition, look
      into the rental.

      Dave
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...> wrote:
      > Hey y'all...
      > we just looked at the PRICE of the Expedition bearikade...and I can't
      believe it costs that much!!! is it really taht much better for a
      lb? :) Would anyone have one they want to sell? anyone know where to
      get one used?
      > Help!!! other suggestions for a good bear cannister?
      >
      > vera

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT