Lending library: Trekking pole DVD

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2010
      Does anyone want to borrow a DVD on proper use of trekking poles?

      You don't need to tell the whole group - just reply to me off-board at

      JohnLadd@...

      Product description here:

      http://www.rei.com/product/751284

      0e31e542-ec4b-4f0d-8335-d6576784bef1.jpg

      The first person who wants it could cover the cost of my postage and forward it to the next person who wants it and the last person should return to me.

      It may be hard to believe, but there actually are pretty significant issues on proper use of poles (length adjustments, rhythm, use of straps, proper use on bridges).  Like most instructional videos, this one is repetitive and cheesy, but I found it valuable.  I feel like I get a lot better use of my poles having learned to use them it the best way.

      Our Links: Trialcraft area also has some info about trekking pole use.

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707