Mac and Cheese and Alcohol Stoves

  • Singewald
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      I am currently planning for a JMT thru hike in late August and have recently
      put together my first alcohol stove. I have been testing it with a variety
      of meals and for the life of me I can't seem to handle the Mac and Cheese
      packages.

      I know there are a bunch of you out there that have figured this out and can
      give me a quick pointer. What's the trick to getting the noodles done
      quickly enough on an alcohol stove? How much water? Do you pre-soak the
      noodles? I tried this and it was a mess!

      My apologies for such a dorky question, but I like the darn stuff
      occasionally and would like to give it a try for part of my trail food.

      Jeff