Re: questions - Food in sleeping bag

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 4, 2005
      Just occurred to me. Isn't putting any food at all in any way shape or
      form inside your sleeping bag the absolute last thing you want to do if
      you're in Bear country?

      C!

      "if we can't have fun, at least we can suffer" Conrad Anker
      http://www.thebeautifulearth.com/stateoftheearth.aspx - World Happiness
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 13, 2008
        I just did this trail this summer. It is closer to 20 miles. We did 4.5 on a Sunday, and then 15.8mi on the Monday to get to the Bridge at the Junction. It is a 22 mile drive from Bishop to North Lake. I have pictures and most of the story of my hike at www.kevinaston.com
        Kevin Aston

        Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote: Bob, is this the bridge over Piute Creek where the Piute Pass trail meets
        the JMT? According to the Lizzy Wenk book, she says it is 15.6 miles from
        Piute Pass Trailhead to the JMT. That is about a 1.5 day hike then for
        someone starting out at a 10 mile a day pace. Is the trail pretty much
        half-up, half-down (up and over the Pass) to the JMT?

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/roleigh/2839125510/in/set-72157607171459740/

        It has two signs, one on each end of the bridge (the first sign has two
        sides to it)
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/roleigh/2838293511/in/set-72157607171459740/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/roleigh/2838293607/in/set-72157607171459740/

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/roleigh/2838292963/in/set-72157607171459740/