Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: early season camping at TM

  • Peter Burke
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2010
      there's a long term parking lot right at the Ranger Station in Tuolumne Meadows, 10 mins walking from the backpacker camp area, bear boxes and everything so you can clear out the car. Room for probably 100 cars. We parked there last summer for over 3 weeks.

      The TM campground also opens well before the July 1 in most years. Once the campground is open, pick any site you like - backpacker camp is the same fee as any other site and at the very far edge of the campground.  Just get your own regular site closer to bathrooms and the Meadow Grill instead ;-)

      On 3/5/2010 10:32 AM, John wrote:

      >. Question about the car part. I assume this means you can't park in TM Campground but you can leave it at one of the nearby trailhead lots (e.g, Lembert).<

      I'm not sure about parking at Lembert as it is a day use area. Wilderness parking lot, Soda Springs, or Cathedral are probably your best bet.

      JD
      www.johndittli. com