I see that Spot is now shipping the Spot 2 Messenger (their recall hold period is over now).

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2010
      Note here:

      http://www.findmespot.com/exchange/

      "

      Update: February 17, 2010

      SPOT Satellite GPS Messengers are starting to ship. Shipments to customers will begin on Thursday, February 18th, 2010. If you have filled out an RMA and returned your unit, you will be getting your replacement unit within the next couple of weeks. We expect to have all customer returned product out our doors by the first week of March.

      Updated Important Notice: If you have a SPOT 2 unit with an ESN number equal to or less than
      0-8053925, please complete the simple Product Return Form below to return your SPOT 2 unit for replacement. All units need to be returned for replacement and to be eligible you need to fill out the form below before March 31st, 2010.

      ...'

      I'm thinking of getting a Spot 2 but wanted to wait until their problems were fixed.