Can one buy denatured alcohol in Yosemite Village? Also, double checking about TM and RM.

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
      I know one can get Denatured Alcohol at Muir Trail Ranch -- I bought some there last year.  I believe you can also get Denatured Alcohol at Reds Meadow Lodge store, right?

      But what about Yosemite Village?  Can one buy Denatured Alcohol there? What about Toulumne Meadows (either the store next to the post office or the camping supply/clothing store next to the cafe).

      Thanks.
    • Bgibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
        Last year a young lady camping next to me in the backpacker's camp bought alcohol, but had to buy a large can of it, more than she would have wanted.  She was sharing it with others using alcohol; I suppose you could find some others needing it and share the cost of a can.
        bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
          Note that Muir Trail Ranch will sell you alcohol by the ounce - you
          can get as much or as little as you want.  Nice idea.

          San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
          415-648-9279

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
            Are we talking about the backpacker's camp in Yosemite Village or Toulumne Meadows?

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
              Yosemite Village.  She bought at the store there, but they only had the larger cans.  Might just have been the time we were there.
              bob