[John Muir Trail] Re: the jmt in may?

  • Snow Nymph
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2005
      We did the JMT in 30 days, 4 layovers but we dayhiked those days
      (adding 59 miles to the trip), and climbed four 14ers. We covered
      the first 100 miles in 10 days. While planning, we weren't sure what
      we could do. We allowed 30 days and could have come out early, but
      didn't want to. We stretched out the last 20 days. We were also
      ~20 days into the JMT on 9/11, climbing Split Mountain, so we didn't
      know what happened til 3 days after. Our friends resupplied us and
      brought newspapers in for us. Planning to do the JMT again in 30
      days, but will add a lot more side trips and peaks. I love being in
      the Sierra!

      More photos on our website: www.snow-nymph.com We have a "JMT" page
      with our 30 day trip.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>