[John Muir Trail] Re: car shuttle

  • catrarunner
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
      You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
      Just kidding.
      I know people who finished and made it back to Yosemite, just by
      asking for a ride. There are usually climbers heading back to
      Yosemite Valley from there so just ask around.

      Gotta run,
      Catra Corbett

      - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
        So do you have a trip journal somewhere? I understand you set some
        sort of record. Where and how did you resupply? - BobR

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "catrarunner"
        <catrarunner@y...> wrote:

        > --
        > You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
        > Just kidding.
        > I know people who finished and made it back to Yosemite, just by
        > asking for a ride. There are usually climbers heading back to
        > Yosemite Valley from there so just ask around.
        >
        > Gotta run,
        > Catra Corbett
        >
        > - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Dave,
        > >
        > > You wont have any difficulty hitching from WP to YV.
        > > As long as it is daylight, rides will be pleantiful
        > > plus you'll get a chance to meet some of the locals.
        > > I once hitched from Piute back to M Lakes with a local
        > > and we stopped at his favorite watering hole in
        > > Bishop- a tavern/bar across from what is now Galen
        > > Rowell's Mountain Light studio, had supper and a
        > > couple of beers (O'Doul for me since I was dehydrated
        > > and had to drive back to the bay area).
        > >
        > > Thomas
        > > --- Dave <idahomtman@b...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > I would like a car shuttle from Yosemite to Whitney
        > > > Portal, but I
        > > > need my vehicle at WP by the end of July. Isn't
        > > > there someone or a
        > > > business that shuttles cars. I have arranged
        > > > shuttles while rafting
        > > > for years, certainly there is someone out there that
        > > > offers this
        > > > service.
        > > >
        > > > I was planning on taking the bus back to YV or Reno
        > > > but after
        > > > reading about the difficulties involved coordinating
        > > > schedules, I am
        > > > not too excited about it. Too bad Greyhound no
        > > > longer runs their
        > > > eastern Sierra routes like back in the "old days."
        > > >
        > > > Dave
        > > >
        > > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"

        > > > south starting
        > > > arranging a car
        > > > is to take 17
        > > > days
        > > > hiked the JMT
        > > > 00-
        > > > idea on how long it
        > > > in a loose
        > > > BobR
        > > >

        > > =====
        > > Best regards,
        > >
        > > Thomas
        > >
        > > Thomas Taylor
        > > tgtaylor7@y...
        > > http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7
      • Catra Corbett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
          Hi Bob-

          I hold the record for the fastest woman's record in 5 days 15 hours. I also hold the record for a Yo Yo 12 days 4 hours.

          I had two supply drops. One at Muir Ranch the other I had to run in a few weeks prior, I had that one at Woods creek crossing.

          I use to have a web site with my X. I'm going to work on building a site in the next few months.

          Cheers,

          Catra