[John Muir Trail] Re: car shuttle

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
      Thanks Paul. Those URLs are helpful. I have already considering
      structuring the trip so I end in time to catch the bus north.

      Dave

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, plockey@a... wrote:

      > If the hitchhiking doesn't work consider the bus
      >
      > Yosemite Valley to Lee Vining
      > http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2004/SUMMER04-120ESCHEDULE.pdf
      >
      > Lee Vinning to Bishop
      > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm
      >
      > Bishop to Lone Pine
      > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm
      >
      > Might have to re tailor the route, here are the main links
      > http://www.yarts.com/
      > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/route,%20schedule%20&%
      20fares.htm

      > Paul
    • catrarunner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
        --
        You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
        Just kidding.

        Gotta run,
        Catra Corbett

        - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
          So do you have a trip journal somewhere? I understand you set some
          sort of record. Where and how did you resupply? - BobR

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "catrarunner"
          <catrarunner@y...> wrote:

          > --
          > You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
          > Just kidding.
          > I know people who finished and made it back to Yosemite, just by
          > asking for a ride. There are usually climbers heading back to
          > Yosemite Valley from there so just ask around.
          >
          > Gotta run,
          > Catra Corbett
          >
          > - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Dave,
          > >
          > > You wont have any difficulty hitching from WP to YV.
          > > As long as it is daylight, rides will be pleantiful
          > > plus you'll get a chance to meet some of the locals.
          > > I once hitched from Piute back to M Lakes with a local
          > > and we stopped at his favorite watering hole in
          > > Bishop- a tavern/bar across from what is now Galen
          > > Rowell's Mountain Light studio, had supper and a
          > > couple of beers (O'Doul for me since I was dehydrated
          > > and had to drive back to the bay area).
          > >
          > > Thomas
          > > --- Dave <idahomtman@b...> wrote:
          > >

          > > > I would like a car shuttle from Yosemite to Whitney
          > > > Portal, but I
          > > > need my vehicle at WP by the end of July. Isn't
          > > > there someone or a
          > > > business that shuttles cars. I have arranged
          > > > shuttles while rafting
          > > > for years, certainly there is someone out there that
          > > > offers this
          > > > service.
          > > >
          > > > I was planning on taking the bus back to YV or Reno
          > > > but after
          > > > reading about the difficulties involved coordinating
          > > > schedules, I am
          > > > not too excited about it. Too bad Greyhound no
          > > > longer runs their
          > > > eastern Sierra routes like back in the "old days."
          > > >
          > > > Dave
          > > >
          > > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"

          > > > south starting
          > > > arranging a car
          > > > is to take 17
          > > > days
          > > > hiked the JMT
          > > > 00-
          > > > idea on how long it
          > > > in a loose
          > > > BobR
          > > >

          > > =====
          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Thomas
          > >
          > > Thomas Taylor
          > > tgtaylor7@y...
          > > http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7
        • Catra Corbett
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
            Hi Bob-

            I hold the record for the fastest woman's record in 5 days 15 hours. I also hold the record for a Yo Yo 12 days 4 hours.

            I had two supply drops. One at Muir Ranch the other I had to run in a few weeks prior, I had that one at Woods creek crossing.

            I use to have a web site with my X. I'm going to work on building a site in the next few months.

            Cheers,

            Catra