[John Muir Trail] Re: car shuttle

  • plockey@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
      If the hitchhiking doesn't work consider the bus

      Yosemite Valley to Lee Vining
      http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2004/SUMMER04-120ESCHEDULE.pdf

      Lee Vinning to Bishop
      http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm

      Bishop to Lone Pine
      http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm

      Might have to re tailor the route, here are the main links
      http://www.yarts.com/
      http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/route,%20schedule%20&%20fares.htm

      Paul
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
        Thanks Paul. Those URLs are helpful. I have already considering
        structuring the trip so I end in time to catch the bus north.

        Dave

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, plockey@a... wrote:

        > If the hitchhiking doesn't work consider the bus
        >
        > Yosemite Valley to Lee Vining
        > http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2004/SUMMER04-120ESCHEDULE.pdf
        >
        > Lee Vinning to Bishop
        > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm
        >
        > Bishop to Lone Pine
        > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/CRESTpage.htm
        >
        > Might have to re tailor the route, here are the main links
        > http://www.yarts.com/
        > http://www.countyofinyo.org/transit/route,%20schedule%20&%
        20fares.htm

        > Paul
      • catrarunner
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
          You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
          Just kidding.
          I know people who finished and made it back to Yosemite, just by
          asking for a ride. There are usually climbers heading back to
          Yosemite Valley from there so just ask around.

          Gotta run,
          Catra Corbett

          - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>

        • Bob
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
            So do you have a trip journal somewhere? I understand you set some
            sort of record. Where and how did you resupply? - BobR

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "catrarunner"
            <catrarunner@y...> wrote:

            > --
            > You can do what I did and turn around and go back. Do a Yo- Yo.
            > Just kidding.
            > I know people who finished and made it back to Yosemite, just by
            > asking for a ride. There are usually climbers heading back to
            > Yosemite Valley from there so just ask around.
            >
            > Gotta run,
            > Catra Corbett
            >
            > - In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Dave,
            > >
            > > You wont have any difficulty hitching from WP to YV.
            > > As long as it is daylight, rides will be pleantiful
            > > plus you'll get a chance to meet some of the locals.
            > > I once hitched from Piute back to M Lakes with a local
            > > and we stopped at his favorite watering hole in
            > > Bishop- a tavern/bar across from what is now Galen
            > > Rowell's Mountain Light studio, had supper and a
            > > couple of beers (O'Doul for me since I was dehydrated
            > > and had to drive back to the bay area).
            > >
            > > Thomas
            > > --- Dave <idahomtman@b...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > I would like a car shuttle from Yosemite to Whitney
            > > > Portal, but I
            > > > need my vehicle at WP by the end of July. Isn't
            > > > there someone or a
            > > > business that shuttles cars. I have arranged
            > > > shuttles while rafting
            > > > for years, certainly there is someone out there that
            > > > offers this
            > > > service.
            > > >
            > > > I was planning on taking the bus back to YV or Reno
            > > > but after
            > > > reading about the difficulties involved coordinating
            > > > schedules, I am
            > > > not too excited about it. Too bad Greyhound no
            > > > longer runs their
            > > > eastern Sierra routes like back in the "old days."
            > > >
            > > > Dave
            > > >
            > > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"

            > > > south starting
            > > > arranging a car
            > > > is to take 17
            > > > days
            > > > hiked the JMT
            > > > 00-
            > > > idea on how long it
            > > > in a loose
            > > > BobR
            > > >

            > > =====
            > > Best regards,
            > >
            > > Thomas
            > >
            > > Thomas Taylor
            > > tgtaylor7@y...
            > > http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7
          • Catra Corbett
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 17, 2005
              Hi Bob-

              I hold the record for the fastest woman's record in 5 days 15 hours. I also hold the record for a Yo Yo 12 days 4 hours.

              I had two supply drops. One at Muir Ranch the other I had to run in a few weeks prior, I had that one at Woods creek crossing.

              I use to have a web site with my X. I'm going to work on building a site in the next few months.

              Cheers,

              Catra