Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Seeking Bearikade Weekender -- borrow or buy

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 2, 2010
      Say Judo, keep in mind that they ship it to you 2 days before you depart for your trip(the date YOU tell them). So not how much time you are going to need to figure out what packed method is going to use.

      From: "judithsmcguire" <judithsmcguire@...>
      Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:23:23 -0000
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Seeking Bearikade Weekender -- borrow or buy

      Thanks all. I know the Bearikade makers rent them at a special price for JMT. I want the Bearikade because of the weight and closing mechanism. I've been offered a Garcia loaner but didn't want to carry the extra pound for 225 miles. Call me picky. I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone would lend one out or sell one used before I plonked down the money for a rental. I also wanted to have it early to try out different packing methods.

      Judo