Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2010
      Yes that so true Gary, we buy gear that suit our individual needs. I spend 6 months looking for the right tent and 3 months looking for the stove I wanted. I guess as you age you wise up.

      From: "Gary A." <garyarazorback@...>
      Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:05:06 -0000
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

      I hear you Ed. I'm the same way. $50 bucks could go along way right now,
      but if I'm gonna spend the $$$$ on a tent that will be my home away from
      home I want to get the one I feel the most comfortable with. To me, I
      like the fact that the Lunar Duo has straight end walls that will help
      with water runoff I believe. As well as I hope that it will keep my
      footbox dry from the same as well as morning condensation. Just my
      thoughts only

      Thanks again,

      Gary A.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, ed_rodriguez52@ ... wrote:

      > Sorry Gary read the info wrong its more of the price than anything
      else. I could use the $50 somewhere else. You be happy with any one of
      those 2 tents

      Rainbow vs. the Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo??

      > I'm wanting one or the other myself.
      > I think I like the Lunar Duo better myself...thats why I'm asking??
      >
      > Any input would be helpful.
      >
      > Here are links for both.
      >
      > http://www.tarptent .com/doublerainb ow.html
      >
      > http://www.sixmoond esigns.com/ shop/shopexd. asp?id=47
      >

      > Thanks again,
      > Gary A.
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@ yahoogroups. com, ed_rodriguez52@ wrote:
      > >
      > > With the Go Lite bug could get in. I was looking at that model heard
      about the bug problems. I email them with my concern when you put the
      tent with the floor (the tub) bug can crawl in. So am getting a double
      rainbow http://www.tarptent .com/doublerainb ow.html. You want to protect
      the floor of your tent so yes take the footprint. Keep in mind your pack
      weight. Remember you be going over a pass just about one each day. 6 lb
      for a tent is a lot. There are a lot of 2 and 3 man tents out there. If
      you have to take your SL3 divide the weight. Some one carry the body the
      other person could carry the rain fly, foot print and poles.

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2, 2010
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        | Is the Neo Air self-inflatable? Do you have to blow too much air and if so, how long does it | take?

        The NeoAir doesn't self-inflate - you blow in all the air.  But it's not too bad.  Not like the air mattresses I remember form years ago.

        One nice thing is that it deflates really quickly and really well.

        As I said earlier today, I've used it this weekend down to about 13 degrees (but it was with an old Ridgecrest closed cell pad - I usually need 2 pads in the snow).  Kept nice and warm (but I also had a good bag).

        San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
        415-648-9279