Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2010
      For me weight and price

      From: "Gary A." <garyarazorback@...>
      Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:06:09 -0000
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

      Ed, I'm curious to know why you are going with the Tarptent Double Rainbow vs. the Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo??

      I'm wanting one or the other myself.
      I think I like the Lunar Duo better myself...thats why I'm asking??

      Any input would be helpful.

      Here are links for both.

      http://www.tarptent .com/doublerainb ow.html

      http://www.sixmoond esigns.com/ shop/shopexd. asp?id=47

      Thanks again,
      Gary A.

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2, 2010
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        | Is the Neo Air self-inflatable? Do you have to blow too much air and if so, how long does it | take?

        The NeoAir doesn't self-inflate - you blow in all the air.  But it's not too bad.  Not like the air mattresses I remember form years ago.

        One nice thing is that it deflates really quickly and really well.

        As I said earlier today, I've used it this weekend down to about 13 degrees (but it was with an old Ridgecrest closed cell pad - I usually need 2 pads in the snow).  Kept nice and warm (but I also had a good bag).

        San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
        415-648-9279