Re: [John Muir Trail] Digest Number 1090

  • Ralph Alcorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      We mostly used a Golite tarp on the JMT, and each carried a yard of mosquito netting yardage to tuck over our faces at night. We would look at ant activity when putting down our ground cloth. You don't want to be within a few feet of a large ant colony. Our JMT time wasn't during fierce mosquito season, but I have experienced that on other hikes. Our current tarp tent (Cloudburst) is screened with a floor, and it is nice to have a screened refuge sometimes. I would take the tarp and nest. I assume the total weight is about 2.5 lbs.
      --
      Ralph Alcorn
      http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html