Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

  • First L
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1 1:25 AM
      Ed, thanks for the input. I have a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL3 but the floor and inside the fly is sticky. It was put away dry. Any cures for that? If not I have a Go Lite Shangri-La 2 and one of us is taking his bivy sack. The SL3 weighs in at 6 lbs. with footprint. Should I take the footprint? See other reply for stove info...

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2 3:58 PM
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        | Is the Neo Air self-inflatable? Do you have to blow too much air and if so, how long does it | take?

        The NeoAir doesn't self-inflate - you blow in all the air.  But it's not too bad.  Not like the air mattresses I remember form years ago.

        One nice thing is that it deflates really quickly and really well.

        As I said earlier today, I've used it this weekend down to about 13 degrees (but it was with an old Ridgecrest closed cell pad - I usually need 2 pads in the snow).  Kept nice and warm (but I also had a good bag).

        San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
        415-648-9279