Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

  • First L
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2010
      Bob, flying in to Mammoth. Our friend's widow lives in Bishop and will provide transportation to the trailhead. (Or bus to Bishop and thumb/taxi to trailhead) Time constraints? We are allowing ten days to Whitney. This is our first JMT hike. Plan to finish it next year. I'll be 60 then. I will practice with the Sierra Stove Titanium till I get it or give up. Looks like fun. I have a Jetboil (great coffee!) and a Primus Etapower. Three of us going. If the SS works out we'll also take the Jetboil and a gas cartridge for making coffee. If I don't like the SS, We'll take the Primus. Thanks!

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2, 2010
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        | Is the Neo Air self-inflatable? Do you have to blow too much air and if so, how long does it | take?

        The NeoAir doesn't self-inflate - you blow in all the air.  But it's not too bad.  Not like the air mattresses I remember form years ago.

        One nice thing is that it deflates really quickly and really well.

        As I said earlier today, I've used it this weekend down to about 13 degrees (but it was with an old Ridgecrest closed cell pad - I usually need 2 pads in the snow).  Kept nice and warm (but I also had a good bag).

        San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
        415-648-9279