Crawlies and mosquitos

  • First L
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 31, 2010
      Have a permit. Starting Bishop Pass end of July and going to Whitney on the JMT. I live in Hawaii so the bug screen is not an option but the tarp is. Please tell me about insects at the campsites. Should I bring the nest or just the tarp and tub? And will a 25 degree bag suffice? Also, taking a Sierra Stove. Any advice?
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 2, 2010
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:16 AM, <Patronio@...> wrote:

        | Is the Neo Air self-inflatable? Do you have to blow too much air and if so, how long does it | take?

        The NeoAir doesn't self-inflate - you blow in all the air.  But it's not too bad.  Not like the air mattresses I remember form years ago.

        One nice thing is that it deflates really quickly and really well.

        As I said earlier today, I've used it this weekend down to about 13 degrees (but it was with an old Ridgecrest closed cell pad - I usually need 2 pads in the snow).  Kept nice and warm (but I also had a good bag).

        San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
        415-648-9279