Re: JMT - Aug 2005 - N to S - 21 day trip

  • plockey@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2004
      Dana
      My friend Brian did the JMT from Tuolumne Meadows South to Whitney
      Portal this past summer. The hike up from Yosemite Valley I did the
      previous summer and takes about two days. Be careful of the bears in
      this area. This is how this past summer went:

      July 20, 2004
      Tuolumne Meadows to Donohue Pass Camp (13.5 miles)
      July 21, 2004
      Donohue Pass Camp to Gladys Lake Camp (13.0 miles)
      July 22, 2004
      Gladys Lake Camp to Duck Creek Camp (20.8 miles)
      July 23, 2004
      Duck Creek Camp to Quail Meadow Camp (18.2 miles)
      July 24, 2004
      Quail Meadow Camp to Vermillion Valley Resort Shuttle (1.4 miles)
      July 25, 2004
      Vermillion Valley Resort Shuttle to Quail Meadow (1.4 miles)
      Quail Meadow to Marie Lake Camp (12.8 miles)
      July 26, 2004
      Marie Lake Camp to Evolution Meadow Camp (16.1 miles)
      July 27, 2004
      Evolution Meadow Camp to Helen Lake Camp (14.3 miles)
      July 28, 2004
      Helen Lake Camp to Palisade Lakes Camp (16.0 miles)
      July 29, 2004
      Palisade Lakes Camp to Lake Marjorie Camp (12.0 miles)
      July 30, 2004
      Lake Marjorie Camp to Dollar Lake Camp (12.0 miles)
      July 31, 2004
      Dollar Lake Camp to Center Basin Trail Junction Camp (13.9 miles)
      August 1, 2004
      Center Basin Trail Junction Camp to Wallace Creek Camp (15.5 miles)
      August 2, 2004
      Wallace Creek Camp to Guitar Lake Camp (6.6 miles)
      August 3, 2004
      Guitar Lake Camp to Mount Whitney (6.2 miles)
      Mount Whitney to Whitney Portal Campground (10.5 miles)

      Hope this helps.

      Paul

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Dana Clemensen"