Re: [John Muir Trail] Bear Vault-500 Repacking update

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2010
      Ok Amanda, ran this by my kid and we are going to try this at home to see how it turn out. Now how much oil to each garlic clove is the rule of thumb.

      From: Amanda L Silvestri <aslive@...>
      Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:14:16 -0800 (PST)
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Bear Vault-500 Repacking update

      Here is light weight snacking suggestion that has been dancing around in my head the past few nights.  Fresh garlic bread.  You likely already have olive oil and tortillas (Peta bread would be even better)  take along a clove of garlic or two.  Chop some your garlic with the knife (you have a sharp knife with you don't you?) on one of those light roll-up cutting boards, or other hard flat surface, and mix it in with some of the olive oil that is heating on your stove.  Dip in peaces of your Peta bread and eat.  Ahhh, mama!  I like it, you like it too.  With a small container you can save some for latter or the next day.  Sublime!  This will easely fit into you BV500.  :)

      Amanda