Re: JMT Sheep?

  • rambler4466
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2010
      Virgini Canyon lies north of Tuolumne in Yosemite and the PCT tuns through it. Quoting from Sierra High Route, by Steve Roper, "On August 24, 1894, this remote valley was explored by federal cavalry who were attempting to evict sheepherders from the newly established national park" p. 186. So if you see sheep, watch out, the cavalry can't be far behind!