Re: [John Muir Trail] John Muir Pin - status update

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2010
      One correction, the smallest buttons are 1.5" not 1.25" - I confirmed that with affordablebuttons now.  the 3 sizes are:
      1.5" -- no logo
      1.75" -- with logo (larger font than the 2.25" size though)
      2.25" -- with logo (smaller relative font size but about same exact size as one on 1.75" button)
      The trial buttons we saw, the 3 of us, were the 1.5" with logo, and 2.25" with logo -- the 1.5" with logo, the logo was too hard to read, so we decided that size is best for the No Logo option.  We're curious if the 1.75" with larger font logo might be a great button to use on hats as well as packs.  The 2.25" button is a little big to put on a hat.

      On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      Barbara, Roleigh and i have all reviewed our first order of sample pins.  We just got 10 of them to see how they looked, and we thought they looked great.

      Roleigh just placed our first order for 60 pins and they should be in Barbara's hands by February 10.  Those who have already placed orders should get theirs in the mail by mid-February.

      The without-logo pins are small - 1.25 inch diameter.  The with-logo ones are bigger (we ordered some in 1.75 inch diameter, some in 2.25 inch diameter to see which we liked best).

      If you have not ordered a pin and would like one or more (at $5 each), send an off-board e-mail directly to me (John Ladd) with the following information:

      1) number of pins desired
      2) with or without the JMT@YG logo
      3) if you chose the "with-logo" version, any size preference - 1.75 vs. 2.25 inch diameter
      4) your mailing address

      We will send you the pin(s) by mail with a return envelope by which you can pay (currency or check made out to John Ladd).

      For those who have joined the group recently or did not read the prior thread about the pins, our idea was to have a group recognition device.  If you see someone on the trail wearing one of these pins, you know s/he is a fellow member of this group.

      Sample graphic (may display on your screen bigger or smaller that actual size)

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707