[John Muir Trail] Re: completed 8-16

  • mpust
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
      Hi Amanda,
      I'm going to be doing the JMT next summer. I'll be putting in at
      Tuolumne. I have llamas, so I don't want to hassle the the lunatics
      in Yosemite Valley. I'm not a female and I'm not sure that I'd want a
      partner, but we could talk if you like.
      Mike
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, amanda goldey
      <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
      > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard
      time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another
      hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner
      (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with
      posts and info. thanks!

    • plockey@austin.rr.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
        Amanda
        We had a girl in our group that had to back out at the last minute
        because of a job offer. I don't know if she plans to try again. I was
        wondering if I could forward your e-mail address to her so that if
        she is interested she could contact you.

        Paul

        <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
        > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard
        time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another
        hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner
        (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with
        posts and info. thanks!

        > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
        > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
        > nonhikers
        > --- plockey@a... wrote:
        >
        > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
        > > wasn't it?
        > >
        > > Paul
        > >

        > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
        > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
        > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
        > > 3rd and finished
        > > on
        > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
        > > is in this group.
        > > >
        > > > Steve & Chris

        > http://vote.yahoo.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • Steve Z
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 22, 2004
          Had one bear problem in Yosemite other than that no
          issues. No problems with altitude whatsoever other
          than shortness of breath sometimes. As for the
          weather....the first 10 days or so were blistering hot
          without a cloud in the sky. Then the afternoon thunder
          storms hit with rain and hail for the next 4 days.
          Luckly it stopped by early evening and didn't start
          again till the next day around 1pm. So we had
          rainfree mornings and nights, but the afternoons were
          kinda miserable. But you know something....all of
          that just added to the adventure and made it a more
          interesting trip with more interesting stories.

          Steve

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail