Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: completed 8-16

  • amanda goldey
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
      i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with posts and info. thanks!

      Steve Z <ibsavnu@...> wrote:
      was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
      nonhikers
      --- plockey@... wrote:

      > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
      > wasn't it?
      >
      > Paul
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
      > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
      > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
      > 3rd and finished
      > on
      > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
      > is in this group.
      > >
      > > Steve & Chris

      http://vote.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
        This is an active group in Southern California with many Sierra /
        JMT hikers.

        Hopefully you can find a partner. You will really enjoy the hike; I
        consider hiking the JMT one of the greatest hiking experiences of my
        life.

        Best to you.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, amanda goldey
        <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
        > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really
        hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend
        another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking
        partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too
        active with posts and info. thanks!

        > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
        > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
        > nonhikers
        > --- plockey@a... wrote:
        >
        > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
        > > wasn't it?
        > >
        > > Paul
        > >

        > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
        > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
        > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
        > > 3rd and finished
        > > on
        > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
        > > is in this group.
        > > >
        > > > Steve & Chris

        > http://vote.yahoo.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • mpust
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
          Hi Amanda,
          I'm going to be doing the JMT next summer. I'll be putting in at
          Tuolumne. I have llamas, so I don't want to hassle the the lunatics
          in Yosemite Valley. I'm not a female and I'm not sure that I'd want a
          partner, but we could talk if you like.
          Mike

        • plockey@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
            Amanda
            We had a girl in our group that had to back out at the last minute
            because of a job offer. I don't know if she plans to try again. I was
            wondering if I could forward your e-mail address to her so that if
            she is interested she could contact you.

            Paul

            <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
            > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard
            time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another
            hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner
            (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with
            posts and info. thanks!

            > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
            > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
            > nonhikers
            > --- plockey@a... wrote:
            >
            > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
            > > wasn't it?
            > >
            > > Paul
            > >

            > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
            > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
            > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
            > > 3rd and finished
            > > on
            > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
            > > is in this group.
            > > >
            > > > Steve & Chris

            > http://vote.yahoo.com
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • Steve Z
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 22, 2004
              Had one bear problem in Yosemite other than that no
              issues. No problems with altitude whatsoever other
              than shortness of breath sometimes. As for the
              weather....the first 10 days or so were blistering hot
              without a cloud in the sky. Then the afternoon thunder
              storms hit with rain and hail for the next 4 days.
              Luckly it stopped by early evening and didn't start
              again till the next day around 1pm. So we had
              rainfree mornings and nights, but the afternoons were
              kinda miserable. But you know something....all of
              that just added to the adventure and made it a more
              interesting trip with more interesting stories.

              Steve

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail