[John Muir Trail] Re: completed 8-16

  • plockey@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
      I know what you mean, I was showing off some of my pictures when I
      got back and I could tell by the expressions on the faces that they
      thought that the understood but really didn't. My friend Brian and I
      are putting together a trip for next summer where we are going to try
      to tie together Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Did you and your partner
      run into any problems on the trail such as altitude sickness, bears,
      weather. We were lucky didn't have a problem one.

      Paul

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
      > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
      > nonhikers
      > --- plockey@a... wrote:
      >
      > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
      > > wasn't it?
      > >
      > > Paul
      > >

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
      > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
      > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
      > > 3rd and finished
      > > on
      > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
      > > is in this group.
      > > >
      > > > Steve & Chris

      > http://vote.yahoo.com
    • amanda goldey
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
        i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with posts and info. thanks!

        --- plockey@... wrote:

        > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
        > wasn't it?
        >
        > Paul
        >

        > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
        > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
        > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
        > 3rd and finished
        > on
        > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
        > is in this group.
        > >
        > > Steve & Chris

        http://vote.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
          This is an active group in Southern California with many Sierra /
          JMT hikers.

          Hopefully you can find a partner. You will really enjoy the hike; I
          consider hiking the JMT one of the greatest hiking experiences of my
          life.

          Best to you.

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, amanda goldey
          <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
          > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really
          hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend
          another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking
          partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too
          active with posts and info. thanks!

          > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
          > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
          > nonhikers
          > --- plockey@a... wrote:
          >
          > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
          > > wasn't it?
          > >
          > > Paul
          > >

          > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
          > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
          > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
          > > 3rd and finished
          > > on
          > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
          > > is in this group.
          > > >
          > > > Steve & Chris

          > http://vote.yahoo.com
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • mpust
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
            Hi Amanda,
            I'm going to be doing the JMT next summer. I'll be putting in at
            Tuolumne. I have llamas, so I don't want to hassle the the lunatics
            in Yosemite Valley. I'm not a female and I'm not sure that I'd want a
            partner, but we could talk if you like.
            Mike

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
              Amanda
              We had a girl in our group that had to back out at the last minute
              because of a job offer. I don't know if she plans to try again. I was
              wondering if I could forward your e-mail address to her so that if
              she is interested she could contact you.

              Paul

              <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
              > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard
              time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another
              hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner
              (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with
              posts and info. thanks!

              > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
              > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
              > nonhikers
              > --- plockey@a... wrote:
              >
              > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
              > > wasn't it?
              > >
              > > Paul
              > >

              > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
              > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
              > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
              > > 3rd and finished
              > > on
              > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
              > > is in this group.
              > > >
              > > > Steve & Chris

              > http://vote.yahoo.com
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

            • Steve Z
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 22, 2004
                Had one bear problem in Yosemite other than that no
                issues. No problems with altitude whatsoever other
                than shortness of breath sometimes. As for the
                weather....the first 10 days or so were blistering hot
                without a cloud in the sky. Then the afternoon thunder
                storms hit with rain and hail for the next 4 days.
                Luckly it stopped by early evening and didn't start
                again till the next day around 1pm. So we had
                rainfree mornings and nights, but the afternoons were
                kinda miserable. But you know something....all of
                that just added to the adventure and made it a more
                interesting trip with more interesting stories.

                Steve

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail