completed 8-16

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2004
      We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug 3rd and finished on
      Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met is in this group.

      Steve & Chris
    • ndeewoods
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 20, 2004
        I wouldn't be someone you met...was off trail that week...but
        congrats! Dee

      • plockey@austin.rr.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 20, 2004
          I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike wasn't it?

          Paul

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
          > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug 3rd and finished
          on
          > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met is in this group.
          >
          > Steve & Chris
        • Steve Z
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
            was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
            nonhikers

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
              Thanks, we had a great time.

              http://vote.yahoo.com
            • plockey@austin.rr.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
                I know what you mean, I was showing off some of my pictures when I
                got back and I could tell by the expressions on the faces that they
                thought that the understood but really didn't. My friend Brian and I
                are putting together a trip for next summer where we are going to try
                to tie together Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Did you and your partner
                run into any problems on the trail such as altitude sickness, bears,
                weather. We were lucky didn't have a problem one.

                Paul

                --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
                > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
                > nonhikers
                > --- plockey@a... wrote:
                >
                > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
                > > wasn't it?
                > >
                > > Paul
                > >

                > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
                > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
                > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
                > > 3rd and finished
                > > on
                > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
                > > is in this group.
                > > >
                > > > Steve & Chris

                > http://vote.yahoo.com
              • amanda goldey
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
                  i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too active with posts and info. thanks!

                  --- plockey@... wrote:

                  > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
                  > wasn't it?
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >

                  > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
                  > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
                  > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
                  > 3rd and finished
                  > on
                  > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
                  > is in this group.
                  > >
                  > > Steve & Chris

                  http://vote.yahoo.com

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
                    This is an active group in Southern California with many Sierra /
                    JMT hikers.

                    Hopefully you can find a partner. You will really enjoy the hike; I
                    consider hiking the JMT one of the greatest hiking experiences of my
                    life.

                    Best to you.

                    --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, amanda goldey
                    <amanda_goldey@y...> wrote:
                    > i am trying to do this hike next summer but am having a really
                    hard time finding someone to do it with me. can anyone recommend
                    another hiking group etc. where i could potentially find a hiking
                    partner (preferably a female)? this group doesn't seem to be too
                    active with posts and info. thanks!

                    > Steve Z <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
                    > was a great hike......it's hard to describe to
                    > nonhikers
                    > --- plockey@a... wrote:
                    >
                    > > I finished on Aug 3, It was a pretty cool hike
                    > > wasn't it?
                    > >
                    > > Paul
                    > >

                    > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"
                    > > <ibsavnu@y...> wrote:
                    > > > We hiked the JMT starting at Happy Isles on Aug
                    > > 3rd and finished
                    > > on
                    > > > Aug 18th. We would like to see if anyone we met
                    > > is in this group.
                    > > >
                    > > > Steve & Chris

                    > http://vote.yahoo.com
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.

                  • mpust
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
                      Hi Amanda,
                      I'm going to be doing the JMT next summer. I'll be putting in at
                      Tuolumne. I have llamas, so I don't want to hassle the the lunatics
                      in Yosemite Valley. I'm not a female and I'm not sure that I'd want a
                      partner, but we could talk if you like.
                      Mike

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 21, 2004
                        Amanda
                        We had a girl in our group that had to back out at the last minute
                        because of a job offer. I don't know if she plans to try again. I was
                        wondering if I could forward your e-mail address to her so that if
                        she is interested she could contact you.

                        Paul

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 22, 2004
                          Had one bear problem in Yosemite other than that no
                          issues. No problems with altitude whatsoever other
                          than shortness of breath sometimes. As for the
                          weather....the first 10 days or so were blistering hot
                          without a cloud in the sky. Then the afternoon thunder
                          storms hit with rain and hail for the next 4 days.
                          Luckly it stopped by early evening and didn't start
                          again till the next day around 1pm. So we had
                          rainfree mornings and nights, but the afternoons were
                          kinda miserable. But you know something....all of
                          that just added to the adventure and made it a more
                          interesting trip with more interesting stories.

                          Steve

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail