Re: [John Muir Trail] gear - the 14 gram super powerful Fenix LD01

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2010
      My favorite light is the 14 gram super powerful Fenix LD01 light

      http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=113

      It costs money but it was so powerful walking up Whitney in the dark.  I clip it to my hiking cap and in case it ever came loose, I have a loop of string around it that hangs onto the back of the hat where it adjusts the tightness.  That loop of string also serves to hang the light from the top of the tent.

      I bring a lesser expensive Fenix light as backup.  The price of the light has gone down since my order -- I've seen the light $4 cheaper.

      1 x Fenix Digital LD01 Q5 Black Finish (F.LD01B-Q5) = $44.95

      The backup, lesser expensive light (not as powerful but a great light):
      1 x Fenix E01 Blue Finish (F.E01Blu) = $15.00
      1 x Pocket Clip for All Fenix 1xAAA Lights (F.aaaclip) = $5.00

      Fenix lights are the staff favorite at BackPackingLight.com and I agree with them after using the light for two trips on the JMT now.
    • Barbara Karagosian

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2010