4th Of July Weekend: Hike Kearsarge to Taboose Pass!

  • Thomas G. Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2004
      Hi all,

      It's that time of the year again and I'm contemplating a 3 day, 40.3
      mile hike beginning in Onion Valley (9192' east of Independence,
      Eastern Sierra), over Kearsarge Pass (11,811'), north along the
      JMT/PCT and back out over Taboose Pass (11,352') for the 3 day
      Fourth of July weekend.

      "The Muir Trail traverses an ideal route, keeping close to the
      crest. Many have enjoyed the inspiring beauty of this region of the
      High Sierra and much has been written describing the scenic gems to
      be found there. Lake Marjorie, Twin Lakes, and Rae Lakes,
      unexcelled in beauty, are passed on the way, and side trips may be
      taken to many other lakes and to peaks with outstanding views."
      Starr's Guide to the JMT and the High Sierra Region (12th Rev.)

      "Such a Landscape!" (william Henry Brewer, 1864)

      If this trip is of interest, drop me an email

      Thomas