Re: [John Muir Trail] Permits?

  • thomas taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      You shouldn't have a problem getting a reservation for
      the end of July IF you apply now.

      If for some reason you are unable to reserve by email,
      the park service reserves about 25% of the trail quota
      each day for walk-ins. In that case, and if you start
      in the valley, plan to be at the wilderness center
      (next to the post office and Ansel Adams Center)
      before they open the door (7am if I remember
      correctly). Same procedure if you start from another
      location: Be at the issuing location before they
      open.

      Have a great trip! I live in the Bay Area and have
      been in Yosemite each weekend for the past three
      weekends and can report that as of Memorial Day
      weekend the mosequitos are now out.

      https://www.yosemitesecure.org/wildpermit/default.htm

      > Any recommendations on other places to (preferably)
      > call? If we're
      > out of luck on reservations, what are our odds for a
      > walk-up permit
      > (4-6) people on or around July 27? Where would we
      > get the permit?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
      >
      > Jim

      =====