Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Bear canisters

  • thomas taylor
    Message 1 of 34 , May 6, 2004
      Bear lockers are located on the far southern portion
      of the trail around Onion Valley where the bears are
      "bad bears." Personally I have never seen a bear on
      the JMT above the tree-line. Most of the trail runs
      above the tree line where there is not much food for
      bears to forage for and I've never seen a bear yet
      that's doin' the JMT. Where you will run into bears
      is in the campgrounds along the trail, like Tuolumne
      Mdws, and where the trail drops down below the tree
      line.

      --- JD Schaefer <jdrows@...> wrote:
      > Use tinyurl.com so you don't have this problem
      > JD
      >

      > ndeewoods wrote:
      >
      > >Grrr, you can't see it cuz of Yahoo's
      > advertisement... I'll wrap it
      > >around so you can see it all.
      > >
      > >www.nps.gov/seki/snrm/wildlife/
      > >wildlife_data/lockers.rtf

      =====
      Best regards,

      Thomas

      Thomas Taylor
      tgtaylor7@...
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7
    • kblovold
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 31 4:42 PM
        Thanks for the helpful input and sorry for the incorrect spelling of consensus.