JMT with llamas

  • mpust
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 6:30 AM
      I am planning to do the JMT during the summer of 2005 with llamas, all
      of which are seasoned packers. I'll be hiking from the north
      beginning in mid July, so snow should not be much of a problem. Are
      there any difficult spots on the trail that I should be aware of?
    • ndeewoods
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28 8:11 AM
        I have not hiked the JMT end to end tho I have hiked most of
        it...not Glen pass tho so maybe somebody else can advise about it.
        And, I have never llama packed, but I am an old horseman and there
        is no place on the JMT I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a
        surefooted horse if that helps.
        Dee
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "mpust" <mpust@y...> wrote:
        > I am planning to do the JMT during the summer of 2005 with llamas,
        all
        > of which are seasoned packers. I'll be hiking from the north
        > beginning in mid July, so snow should not be much of a problem.
        Are
        > there any difficult spots on the trail that I should be aware of?
      • Mike Pust
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28 8:24 AM
          It does help, thanks. I've gone from the valley to
          Vermillion with no trouble, but south of that is
          unfamiliar.
          Mike