RE: [John Muir Trail] SoBo '03 Photos

  • JD Schaefer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2004
      JMT Thru-Hikers Past and Future,

      I've finally compiled my 700 or so photos from last year's hike (Big Yo
      Valley to Whitney) into 4 web albums. Each photo has both the day of the
      hike (total of 18 including a zero at VVR) and mileage of where the photo
      was taken. Where possible I tried to include the actual trail in the photos
      to provide perspective.

      I started to run out of battery power before Guitar Lake so I regret there
      are no pictures of Guitar or of the climb to Whitney. Where my faulty
      memory allowed, the individual photo description indicates what I thought
      the camera lens was looking at. It's much more than possible that I've
      mis-labeled or not included features along the way, and to the extent that
      those who can show me my mistakes I'll be very grateful for those
      corrections.

      I hope these albums will jog fond memories for most and give an impression
      to those about to embark on a wondrous journey, of the visual treats in
      store for them.

      #1 Days 01-04 Miles 001-055
      http://community.webshots.com/album/132955185Iayrxp
      #2 Days 05-09 Miles 056-110