Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT book

  • dkronsta
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 17, 2009
      I have not used it, but another option for self-publishing is lulu.com.

      Dan

      > This is incredibly good. What is the pricing, it gives a range of pricing
      > when you click on the link, based upon the page count and paper quality.
      > What is your page count?
      >
      > http://www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing
      >
      > Phenomenally fantastic job. What software is used to put the book
      > together. My hat is off to you. I am really impressed.

    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 17, 2009

        Thanks so much for sharing this Peter –what a beautiful book – and what an inspiring trip – even to this 60 year old!  Barbara.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 17, 2009
          Peter,
              Thanks for this  one really Fine book!!  Great images..and..
                   nice to see photos of the kids...

                                                       Patt

          I just published my first book I guess, and even though I don't expect
          anyone but myself to buy it, here's a link with full preview so you can
          get some ideas of what to do with your next batch of JMT photos  (these
          Blurb books aren't cheap, but then they are one-off and for that they
          are amazing)

          http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1047557

          abstract - if you have some 11-year-old twins you're trying to convince
          that they JMT is the thing to do next summer, this book is for you. I
          made the book to get them motivated for bigger things in 2010 by giving
          them something of real substance to help them realize how special their
          last trip was.

          Peter

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              johnmuirtrail-digest@yahoogroups.com
              johnmuirtrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • John
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 17, 2009
            Great looking book Peter, nice job.

            John

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2009
              Eric, have you received the book and your comments are based upon the real item or on the web photos?

              On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Eric <egerber@...> wrote:
              I don't know Peter but bought the book based on the photos on the link he provided on this sight and its fabulous. Really wonderfully put together and great photography.

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Peter Burke <pburke@...> wrote:

              > I just published my first book I guess, and even though I don't expect
              > anyone but myself to buy it, here's a link with full preview so you can
              > get some ideas of what to do with your next batch of JMT photos  (these
              > Blurb books aren't cheap, but then they are one-off and for that they
              > are amazing)
              >
              > http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1047557
              >
              > abstract - if you have some 11-year-old twins you're trying to convince
              > that they JMT is the thing to do next summer, this book is for you. I
              > made the book to get them motivated for bigger things in 2010 by giving
              > them something of real substance to help them realize how special their
              > last trip was.
              >
              > Peter

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 johnmuirtrail-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 johnmuirtrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Peter Burke
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 20, 2009
                Roleigh Martin wrote:

                > Eric, have you received the book and your comments are based upon the
                > real item or on the web photos?
                >
                > On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Eric <egerber@...
                > <mailto:egerber@...>> wrote:
                >
                > I don't know Peter but bought the book based on the photos on the
                > link he provided on this sight and its fabulous. Really
                > wonderfully put together and great photography.

                He BOUGHT the book? wow, I missed that.. I hope you are totally into
                the hardcopy thing, because those photos are online on my web site,
                although not in this layout and without the satellite maps and
                informational text. There is something about holding a book in your
                hands, but these things are expensive. Could pay for one year of Spot
                service with the cost of that book, or have a downpayment on a Bearikade
                canister :)
                Here's the web site again, for those who are happy with pictures on
                their LCD screens - gallery section top link. Also, don't miss the
                panoramic deep-zoom images on the right side of the gallery page

                http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/outdoor/Muir2009/default.html

                Peter
              • Eric
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 21, 2009
                  I am so sorry but I made a mistake. I actually bought and thought I was commenting on John Dittli's book (link below) and assumed this was the same thread. I failed to go back and double check the author name (John not Peter) before I posted. Please accept my apoligies for any confusion I may have created.

                  Eric

                  http://johndittli.com/site/content/view/57/48/