Re: [John Muir Trail] Digest Number 104

  • pdahl2@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2004
      I do not know of such a file. I hiked the JMT in 13 days last year. REI sells Guide to the John Muir Trail by Thomas Winnett & Kathy Morey. I found it very helpful in planning the hike, resupplying and even locating campsites along the trail.

      PD

      Mark Goforth <goforthmark@...> wrote:

      >does the group have a file, or recommended text on the trail?
      >drop-off and pick-up points, water, etc.?

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

    • pdahl2@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2004
        I resupplied by mailing myself a package to Red's Meadow Resort, Vermillion Valley Resort and Muir Trail Ranch. You can find their web sites by doing a Google search. The new owner of Vermillion Valley Resort is great. I met him and several employees all of whom welcomed hikers.