Re: [John Muir Trail] Digest Number 103

  • Mark Goforth
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10 7:46 PM
      Considering an August hike, somewhat depends on new job.
      June through July with sons. Hike will be great buffer until school in the fall.
      johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Noone hiking the trail this year?
      From: "Dana Clemensen"

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:44:53 -0000
      From: "Dana Clemensen"
      Subject: Re: Noone hiking the trail this year?

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, ndeewoods
      wrote:
      > Usually by now we get scads of upcoming JMT hikers posting
      questions
      > and stuff....noone doing the JMT this season?:):)
      > Dee

      I am planning on going in late August and I am looking for some
      hiking partner(s).

      Dana

    • JD Schaefer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16 6:41 AM
        JMT Thru-Hikers Past and Future,

        I've finally compiled my 700 or so photos from last year's hike (Big Yo
        Valley to Whitney) into 4 web albums. Each photo has both the day of the
        hike (total of 18 including a zero at VVR) and mileage of where the photo
        was taken. Where possible I tried to include the actual trail in the photos
        to provide perspective.

        I started to run out of battery power before Guitar Lake so I regret there
        are no pictures of Guitar or of the climb to Whitney. Where my faulty
        memory allowed, the individual photo description indicates what I thought
        the camera lens was looking at. It's much more than possible that I've
        mis-labeled or not included features along the way, and to the extent that
        those who can show me my mistakes I'll be very grateful for those
        corrections.

        I hope these albums will jog fond memories for most and give an impression
        to those about to embark on a wondrous journey, of the visual treats in
        store for them.

        #1 Days 01-04 Miles 001-055
        http://community.webshots.com/album/132955185Iayrxp
        #2 Days 05-09 Miles 056-110