hiking JMT this summer

  • amanda_goldey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      hi,

      i am just starting to plan my trip this summer and am trying to gauge
      how long it will take. i am planning on using some of Ray Jardine's
      Go Lite principles. i have heard any where between 2-4
      weeks....feedback would be great!

      thanks!!

    • JD Schaefer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        Divide the distance 222-miles by your daily average and add anticipated time
        off trail for resupply and/or zero(s).

        i am just starting to plan my trip this summer and am trying to gauge
        how long it will take. i am planning on using some of Ray Jardine's
        Go Lite principles. i have heard any where between 2-4
        weeks....feedback would be great!

        thanks!!

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ndeewoods
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          Have you hiked in the Sierra before to know what you average in
          miles/day? In any case, I would say "generally" that 2 weeks is
          strenuous and 4 is leisurely.
          Dee
          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "amanda_goldey"