Re: [John Muir Trail] Northern start of trail

  • David J.
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2003
      Starr's Guide, 1951, page 14 says lists the start of the trail as
      "Yosemite Valley (Le Conte Lodge)" and then lists Happy Isles
      as 1.4 miles further along the trail. Winnett indicated that there
      was some confusion because the lodge had been moved early
      in the 20th century.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Reinhold"
      <jmtreinhold2003@y...> wrote:
      > I don't know which Editions you have, but my Winett & Starr
      Guides
      > show Happy Isles as the northern terminus of the JMT.--- In
    • Dana Clemensen (Gottlob - 23)
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 18, 2003
        When I did that portion of the John Muir Trail as a kid, (late 70's)
        my dad made us walk all the way to the Le Conte Lodge across from
        Housekeeping Camp. I have read in various book they now recognize
        Happy Isles as the start now for the John Muir Trail.