Re: [John Muir Trail] Are Personal Locator Beacons Yuppie 911? Yes, Afraid so.

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
      Correction

      Looking at a map, we start SoBo in Mariposa county, north into Tuolumne county, then east into Mono (briefly), then south (and a little back west) thru Madera, then Fresno, then Tulare and then east into Inyo.  Madera and Fresno look like they cover most of the non-NP parts of the trail.  The Mariposa, Tuolumne and Tulare stretches may be entirely within the NPs.  Mono and Inyo Counties cover only short stretches of the trail.

      Part of what I thought was Mono County looks like Tuolumne County.  Only a very brief part of the trail (5 miles) looks to be in Mono County.  So I'd concentrate any SAR research on the 2 national parks plus Madera and Fresno counties with at most a brief inquiry into Mono and Inyo.

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707
      415-648-9279